Orion Magazine invites readers into a community of caring for the planet. Through writing and art that explores the connection between nature and culture, Orion inspires new thinking about how humanity might live on Earth justly, sustainably, and joyously.
In 2016, Kalliopeia Foundation collaborated with Orion to produce six inspiring articles exploring the confluence of ecology, culture, and spirituality. Read the articles here:
- “The Axis and the Sycamore,” by Paul Kingsnorth
- “Speaking of Nature,” by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- “The Ecology of Prayer,” by Fred Bahnson
- “Climate and Creation,” interview with Imam Jamal Rahman, Pastor Don Mackenzie, and Rabbi Ted Falcon
- “Waste Land, Promised Land,” by Kimberly Meyer
- “Hearing the Waters,” by Sherri Mitchell (print only)